Compass is here to help and support organisations involved with provision of sport and activity programmes, in all areas of their business.Our aim is to increase standards within the industry by delivering a comprehensive package of support and assessment solutions to help organisations of all sizes improve their business and increase revenue as a result.
Becoming a Member is simple, you will need to complete our FREE online “Safety self-audit” which will highlight the areas of your business that potentially need to be improved upon to help you become an accredited member of Compass. To access the audit simply email Cardinus and request the “Compass Self Audit”. You will be sent a link to the online audit which will give you a traffic light report together with immediate advice and guidance on how you can improve any weaknesses and confirm where your current actions meet legal requirements or best practice.
Once we have helped you meet the required standard, you will be awarded our “Seal of Approval” and you will be able to carry the Compass logo on your website and marketing literature, showing clients and prospective parents that you are operating with the very best possible practices in place.
BenefitsCompass will support all Members by providing each company with:
- General Benefits
- Accredited Risk Management Systems
- Specialist Insurance Services
- Legal and Business Advice
1. General BenefitsUpon joining, all Compass members will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Use of Compass Logo on corporate stationery as an approved provider
- Membership Certificate for display
- Free entry onto Compass Website as an approved provider
- Access to ‘Fit For Purpose’ industry and government approved qualifications (L2 and L3. reduced)
- Discounted entry onto CAPRe Register for Professional Development of Staff
- Free payroll and HR support from PayCoach (saving £200)
- Free Leisure Media Magazine (valued at £45 per year)
- Access to Apprentice Programmes – bespoke to your business with Babcock and the Institute of Swimming
- Free invitations to Networking and Workshop Events (valued at over £100 per seminar)
- 15% Discount for attendance at Compass Conference
- Discounts with Corporate Partners and Suppliers
2. Accredited Risk Management SystemsAt the core of Compass membership is SAFETY. We know that ensuring the safety of our participants is of paramount importance and that’s why we have put together a package of safety solutions with CARDINUS Risk Management, a leading provider of safety risk management.
This package includes:
- An online activity and location safety audit that enables members to quickly self assess but more importantly the audit immediately offers advice and guidance
- Template policies, procedures and safety management systems
- Exclusive access to discounted onsite safety expertise (20% discount)
- Information on health and safety with a guide to the relevant first aid qualifications for your organisation.
- Online and telephone “ask the experts” support
- Optional visits from industry experts to review all aspects of your organisation
- Voucher code for online risk assessments and e-learning course to ease the burden of safety regulations (valued at £250)
3. Specialist Insurance servicesIntegrated legal expenses insurance (LEI)
The cost of taking legal action can be prohibitive, what with the cost of solicitors’ fees, expert witnesses, court fees and any legal cost awarded to the other side. Our partners LRO Insurance and Perkins Slade are well placed to advise you as necessary. The Integrated LEI package is designed to help protect you in such circumstances to enable you to defend or peruse a claim in confidence.
This package includes:
- Advice and protection against:
- Employment disputes
- Contract disputes
- Debt recovery
- Health & Safety issues
In these increasingly litigious times, it is important to ensure that you have the right insurance protection for every eventuality. Our Insurance partners can carry out an assessment of your business and tailor an insurance package that is just right for you.
- Public liability
- Employer’s liability
- Fleet vehicles
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Personal accident cover for coaches
- Non-attendance/cancellation insurance
4. Legal & Business adviceBecoming a Limited Company can help protect your personal assets and give you peace of mind, however setting up your company can be confusing and time consuming. In association with corporate partners, Thomas Eggar LLP, Compass can offer you an online solution which includes...
On-line template documentation for:
- Statutory company set up
- Terms and conditions
- Legal review of company documentation
- This includes 15 minutes free with a full range of legal services required by sports and activity providers of all sizes.